Índice
    I have been in Arizona for almost a week now, and have added some great animals to my "life list":

    Mammals (photos taken by me):
    Golden-mantled ground squirrel (Spermophilus lateralis):


    Gunnison's prairie dog (Cynomys gunnisoni):


    Those are babies, the first day they emerged from the burrow!

    Birds (photos not by me, I'm not fast enough for bird photography, apparently):

    Western Tanager (Piranga ludoviciana):


    Lesser Goldfinch (Carduelis psaltria):


    Broad-tailed hummingbird (Selasphorus platycercus):

    My own poor attempt of a photo at dusk:


    An identfiable picture:


    I also really want to see an Acorn woodpecker and a Lazuli bunting before I leave.

    First real day of field work in the prairie dog colony tomorrow, I'm excited!